Monthly Must-Haves: July 2019
Oh July! You went way too fast! :( My birthday month came and went. I turned 23, I started my first full time job post-grad, and traveled to New York and Boston for some fun day trips. July has also been the hottest month for us here in Connecticut…with record highs of heat up to 100 degrees! So as most months end, I will be rounding up the things I’ve been loving this month. Lets get into it!
1. Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask — A creamy anti-aging face mask from the beautiful Japanese beauty company, Tatcha. This mask will revive dull skin because it has vitamin-c and a gentle 10 percent AHA complex of seven fruits that helps improve skin texture and tone. I love this mask! Definitely a must have because of how great the results are after using for 2-3 nights a week. Available at Sephora.
2. Josie Maran Vitamin-C Serum — I’m a HUUUGE Josie Maran Cosmetics fan! From her body butters to her face oils and creamy skincare infused makeup, this vitamin-c serum is just as great. This is a nourishing face oil you can use twice a day after cleansing. I like to use this in the evening and jade roll it into my skin, which I will talk more about in the next favorite ;) This has improved my skin texture in just a few weeks of using it! I will keep you posted on if this is improving my acne scarring. Results with dark spots and scar fading usually don’t appear for a month or more with most vitamin-c serums. Available at Sephora.
3. Herbivore's Jade Roller — This is something I was super eager to try lately! Jade rolling has been around for centuries as a skincare practice to promote anti-aging and lymphathic drainage. I follow the directions listed in the packaging of this jade roller but there are great videos out there to show you how to get the most out of your jade roller! Roll on everyone :) Available at Sephora.
4. Sabon ‘Citrus Blossom’ body scrub — I took a trip to NYC with my mom recently and we stopped at one of our favorite body and bath product stores ever, Sabon! Sabon is an Israeli company that makes beautiful and luxurious body care products like shower oils and scrubs. I am a huge fan of their shower oil in the scent Delicate Jasmine, which I have linked in my SHOP section. The perfect body scrub with ultra-fine Dead Sea Salt grains to delicately scrub away dead skin and imperfections! This stuff leaves the skin feeling so silky and hydrated, unlike any exfoliating scrub I’ve used before. No harsh chemicals or irritation! This is a must-have if you suffer from sensitive skin and eczema like I do. This scent is PERFECT for summer and spring! It’s a fresh summery citrus scent that lingers on the skin lightly through the day. In the fall and winter, I love to use the delicate jasmine, vanilla coconut, or the lavender scents!
5. Birkenstock Arizona Sandal in “Copper Leather” — I’ve finally converted…I know! SHOCKING. I used to make fun of my sister for years because she loved her Birkenstocks so much. I am definitely not the most outdoorsy or “crunchy” person so I was a bit skeptical of these shoes and the style of them. But now that I decided to buy a cute metallic pair of the sandals, I am totally a fan. These are so comfortable because they literally mold to your feet. They are also great for summer because you can just slip these on with no issues and go! They are great for walking around town and I love to wear them with jeans when I go to the mall or casual lunch dates. Obsessed! Available at Nordstrom.
6. Anthropologie Capri Blue Volcano candle — This smells like a dream! It’s no wonder everyone loves these Anthropologie candles. This instantly makes any room smell beautiful and refreshing. I am obsessed with candles and setting a great vibe or ambiance in a room and this candle certainly achieves that! Available at Nordstrom.
Big Little Lies — if you haven’t watched this suspenseful drama you are missing out! It has an amazing cast of powerful women as well as a witty script. The scenery is GORGEOUS! It takes place in Monterey, California, so the scenery and homes are just breathtaking. I watch this through my HBO Go app.
Ed Sheeran’s new album “No.6 Collaborations Project” — Give it a listen! You won’t regret it.
China Rich Girlfriend — This is the second book in the Crazy Rich Asians series. I love this series! It’s so well written, this storyline and the family drama!!! So great. The descriptiveness of the fashion, the scenery, and the people is fantastic. A great easy and fun summer read.
I hope you enjoyed this month’s lineup for favorites. What are some things you’ve been loving this month? Let me know in the comments below :)